Thanks so much for your support as we introduced measures to keep Omicron at bay. Cases in the community are starting to increase so we know this might mean changes for how we deliver our learning. We have a plan but aim to be as responsive as possible to how our scenario plays out.
In the meantime;
- Parents coming onsite need to use the COVID tracer app – on all gates
- Parents cannot go into classrooms
- Whanau need to wear a mask when onsite
- Children encouraged to use water bottles
- Trips and visits can go ahead with appropriate planning and adherence to MoH guidelines
- All visitors MUST sign in at the office
- Gatherings are limited to 25 or 100 if vaccine passed is requested.
For the children we are;
- limiting interactions between hubs – asking children to play with people from their own spaces
- not having hui or curiosity clubs in their usual format
- encouraging frequent handwashing and sanitising
- regularly cleaning high touch surfaces
- getting our Year 5-8 students to wear masks.
Should we have a positive case we will inform the community. We will work quickly to ascertain close and casual contacts and inform you via email. This will mean that close contacts will need to self isolate as per the current guidelines.
Please help by keeping yourself and your child home should anyone in the household develop symptoms and require testing.
Most importantly, look after yourselves and each other. Our two school whakatauki couldn’t be more apt in these trying times.
Māku e whakatika – it starts with me!
Kia raupī, kia manawa reka, kia rīrā, – let them care, let them be curious, let them be strong.