The zone was formed with consultation between our establishment Board, Lincoln Primary and the community.
The Ministry of Education is proposing a minor amendment to the enrolment scheme of Ararira Springs Primary – Te Puna o Ararira. This is to clarify the inclusion of Verdeco Park, clarify the western boundary of the zone (inclusion of the western end of Farm Road) and make a very small change to better reflect eligibility to enrol in the North East of the zone.
Under this amendment, it is proposed that students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described in the attachments.
The enrolment of out-of-zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education and Training Act 2020.
Comments can be made to Canterbury.EnrolmentSchemes@education.govt.nz by 24 April.
Ararira Springs Primary – Te Puna o Ararira (585)
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be eligible to enrol at the school.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Starting from the intersection of Gerald Street / Springs Road / Ellesmere Junction Road,
- West along the south side only of Ellesmere Junction Road to the intersection with Weedons Road
- South to the western end of Farm Road
- South to Verdeco Boulevard
- East along Verdeco Boulevard to Springs Road
- Including all addresses in the Verdeco Park subdivision
- South along Springs Road to Collins Road
- East along Collins Road and the paper road through to Ellesmere Road / Hudsons Road intersection (including addresses on Poplar Lane and addresses 40 and 24 Collins Road East)
- North east along Ellesmere Road to Edward Street
- West along the south side only of Edward Street to Gerald Street
- West along the south side only of Gerald Street to Springs Road.
Addresses on both sides of boundary roads are included unless stated otherwise.
The zone was formed with consultation between our establishment Board, Lincoln Primary and the community. It has been published and will be in action three months from the date of publication. Families with children currently at Lincoln Primary have the choice of staying at Lincoln unless they move property.
The automatic right of attendance for students living in the home zone described below:
Students whose usual place of residence is within the following geographical zone:
- The enrolment scheme home zone follows the following boundary roads.
- Both sides of boundary roads are included unless specified otherwise.
- From the intersection of Gerald Street / Springs Road / Ellesmere Junction Road.
- West along Ellesmere Junction Road to Farm Road.
- Southeast along Weedons Road through to Springs Road.
- South on Springs Road to Collins Road.
- East on Collins Road and the paper road through to Ellesmere Road/ Hudsons.
- Road intersection (including addresses on Poplar Lane and addresses 40 and 24 Collins Road East).
- Northeast on Ellesmere Road to Edward Street.
- West on the south side only of Edward Street to Gerald Street.
- West on the south side only of Gerald Street to Springs Road.
The student’s usual place of residence must be within the home zone. The Board will require proof of residency within the home zone.
Section11E of the Education Act 1989 states that “a state school’s home zone must be defined by geographic boundaries, and must be described in such a way that any given address is either within or outside the home zone.” The list above is defining a location as “in-zone” for Ararira Springs Primary school.
We will be unable to take any out of zone enrolments.
You can check if your address is in zone here.